- Performs basic analysis and design for program changes to gain an understanding of application changes.
- Provides time estimates for development tasks to aid in scheduling. Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Completes more complex program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Applies application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquires and utilizes basic business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvements, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Complies with and contributes to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
Minimum of 5 years of experience. Consideration may be given to a candidate with a degree in lieu of experience.