Systems/Network Engineer (closed)
The Systems/Network Engineer position oversees the installation, configuration and maintenance of networked information systems in the company's 24/7 high-capacity production environment.
• Dell, Windows, Cisco, F5, CheckPoint/Nokia
• MS SQL Server, Windows Server - all versions, Microsoft Cluster Server, IIS, MS .NET. ASP.NET, Active Directory, SNMP, network capture and protocol analysis, MS Office including proficiency in Visio
• Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, BGP, SMTP
• Documented experience in maintaining enterprise-level, high-capacity, high uptime, load-balanced web infrastructures
• Strong documentation skills with attention to detail required
• Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience required.
• Strong network and systems troubleshooting skills and works well under pressure while responding to issues reported on production systems
• Works well under pressure of deadlines and project timelines.
• Works well in team environment
Key Job Responsibilities
• Install hardware, systems, and software for networks and servers.
• Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
• Install, configure and maintain production servers and server clusters
• Supports administration of servers and server clusters.
• Manages all system back-ups and restore protocols.
• Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls and load balance devices.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
• Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
• Documents and monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
• Manage user accounts, permissions and manages all aspects of Active Directory
• Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials and grasp of key protocols
• Oversees software and network security.
• Maintain core systems for 99.9% or better uptime of production infrastructure
• Occasional travel to production Datacenter, involving overnight stays (usually no more than 1-2 nights but sometimes longer) required
• On-call pager/phone on rotational basis.
• Off-hours scheduled downtimes require overnight work-hours on rotational basis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
• Equivalent years in actual field experience considered.
• Certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSE a plus, but not required
No 3rd party application will be considered at this time
No sponsership is available at this time