Sun Solaris Administrator
Title: Sun Solaris Administrator
Location: Kansas City, MO
Full Time/ Long Term Job Opportunity
Successful candidate shall provide Sun Solaris System Administration on Mid-Range servers.
The System Administration duties will include, but are not limited to:·
- Testing, Installing, configuring, customizing, and maintaining various operating systems and associated software.
- Scheduling, performing and maintaining back ups to facilitate data integrity, data storage and backup/recovery procedures.
- Performing patch/fix research and operating system software upgrades.
- Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring and Tuning (including OS & network).
- Configuring, customizing, and optimizing fail-over or high availability solutions.
- Performing required security measures including hardening of systems, security monitoring and updating certification/accreditation procedures.
- Troubleshooting system problems and identifying/resolving problems.
- Maintaining customer access to the systems and providing user technical support (level 2)
- Sun's or Symantec's multi-path management software for managing data volumes & I/O pathing to a Storage Area Network (a benefit but not a requirement).
- The other would be any experience relating to Symantec Veritas Media/Master Server environments (a benefit but not a requirement).
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager 3.X and higher.
- Experience with Solstice Disk Suite and or Solaris Volume Manager.
- Experience with MPXIO (Sun Multi-pathing Driver)
- Experience with DMP (Dynamic Multi-pathing - Veritas)
- Experience with SAN attached Storage including Disk and Tape devices.
- Not experience on the actual hardware, but utilizing resources from large Storage devices.
- HDS and EMC devices a plus Experience with RAID 1 Mirrors on boot devices using both Veritas Volume Manager and Solstice Disk Suite.
- Experience and or knowledge with RAID setups using software and hardware techniques on locally attached Sun storage devices.
- Experience with Solaris Disaster Recovery techniques.
- Experience with Solaris Security, knowledge of NIST guidelines a plus.
- Experience with Solaris Maintenance and Patching techniques.
- Experience with Solaris 8, 9 and 10.
- Experience with Low to High End servers, including X86 and Sparc based CPU's.
- Experience building and setting up new Hardware and Software including all the above mentioned products.
- Experience with EMC's PowerPath a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex connection issues through firewalls and other network devices.
- Experience with Solaris IP Multi-pathing a plus.
- Experience with NFS a plus.
- Experience with Veritas Netbackup a plus.
- Experience with Solaris performance tuning a plus.
- Experience with Solaris Zones a Plus.
- Experience with building domains on complex systems a plus.
Thanks & Regards,
JMA Information Technology,
913-667-2848 [Direct] | 913-667-2828 X 206 | 866-639-4749 [F]
10551 Barkley St. Suite 400 | Overland Park, KS 66212
View my jobs @ http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/42066/jobs