Storage Architect (closed)
Our client is looking for a Storage Architect for their Seattle, WA office. This person will architect and deliver compelling storage solutions to the largest cloud providers based on their knowledge of customer requirements, storage trends and performance vs. cost. This position reports to the CTO and works closely with the senior leadership team.
- Work very closely with storage product mangers to coordinate all vendor engagements to successfully achieve all of the companies’ business goals.
- Assess existing storage solutions being sold to customers today. Develop a roadmap for next generation storage products based on existing storage products. Identify storage roadmap gaps. Work with senior management on in determining viability of closing roadmap gaps with new storage products
- Engage strategic storage vendors (HDD, SSD, RAID, HBA, JBOD enclosures, chassis port expander) in developing compelling storage solutions for customers. Identify opportunities to partner with vendors on optimized and validated solutions for customer workloads.
- Work with quality and reliability engineer (QRE) to monitor quality of deployed storage solutions in the field. Use this data in assessing new storage offerings from vendors.
- Develop and maintain in depth understanding of industry standard storage workloads and trends in connectivity
- Monitor storage solutions from across the industry that includes DAS, SAN, NAS, NAND-based, PCIe connected and Cold Store. Develop collateral and train the sales team on the strengths and weaknesses of ZT storage products
- BS degree – preferably in computer engineering, electrical engineering , or software engineering – with 10 years of experience
- Experience in architecting cloud based storage solutions
- Strong network and relationships in the storage community (highly desired)
- Hands on experience in running storage based benchmarks (Orion, IOMeter, SPC). Ability to interpret results and optimize solutions for specific workloads that may be sensitive to IOPs, latency or other performance metrics as defined by the customer.
- Experience working in globally dispersed team
- Ability to provide both technology, reliability, and cost assessments on new storage product offerings
If you are keeping your options open and want to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please reach out for me and I can share with you the company, culture, compensation.
Senior Direct Placement Manager
Walnut Creek, CA