Filed Application Engineer - Pre/Post Sales (closed)
Our client is looking for a Field Application Engineer to work out of their Fremont, CA office. This person will ensure that the customer is able to leverage the new products in their environments, resolve technical challenges and support the Sales and Marketing team with pre-sales and post-solutions activities. The role requires strong technical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. This position requires a blend of sales and technical skills and understanding of financial industry.
- Work close with the customer’s IT staff and executives to understand their business process and leveraging products in their environment.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team by driving sales opportunities with the customer
- Basic understanding of network/server technologies and the challenges associated with delivering networked/server based applications
- Develop and effectively deliver training presentations to various group sizes and various levels in a customer’s organization
- Clearly communicate complex technical ideas to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Effectively manage customer escalations throughout all phases of the sales and post-sales cycle to resolution
- Effectively manage a designated territory that will include travel
- In conjunction with the Sales organization, develop ongoing account management and growth strategies and approaches
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems including (Windows 2003/2008, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Citrix, Mac, UNIX, AS/400, Mainframe, and mid-range systems)
- Basic knowledge of software driver implementation, IP schemas and network protocols
- Demonstrated ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- The role requires strong technical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite including, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. MS Visio and MS Access preferred; working knowledge and MS office suite basic skills are required.
- Understanding of the financial services industry.
Following Certifications are a plus:
CompTia A+, Security+, Network+, MCSE / MCP / MCSA, Apple OS, Cisco, Novell, UNIX
If you are keeping your options open and want to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please reach out for me and I can share with you the company, culture, compensation.
Senior Direct Placement Manager
Walnut Creek, CA