Lead Hardware Engineer - Direct Hire (closed)
Kelly Engineering is recruiting for a direct hire Lead Hardware degreed Engineer to design and manufacture products for a wide array of navigation applications.
The Lead Hardware Engineer will be responsible for planning and completing major engineering projects and smaller projects with complex low-power analog and digital designs for embedded navigation products.
The “Ideal” Engineering Candidate will have experience as a Lead Hardware Engineer with high level hardware conceptual designs collaborating with sales, marketing and cross-functional engineering groups.
The Lead Hardware Engineer will;
- · Develop hardware architectures for new product line product and current product line upgrade.
- · Produce feasibility studies/applied research, and trade-off studies.
- · Work breakdown, project planning, and execution to schedule, budget, and design- to-cost targets.
- · Technical lead and hands-on board level digital and analog, and FPGA design targeted at both general purpose computing and digital signal processing applications
- · Delivery of hardware designs through prototype, beta, and production release in compliance.
- · Sustain design and debug as required after product release.
- · Be a strong collaborator and foster innovation, design new product architecture.
- · Develops statement of work for complex, standard or non-standard products or projects.
- · Utilizes techniques such as parametric estimating to estimate the scope of designs that are non-routine relative to normal design activities.
- · Lead small Hardware teams and do project engineering assignments on projects.
- · Capable of using advanced computer aided engineering and design software and equipment.
- · Perform verification testing on platform, product, or component level for commercial, industrial, and government uses.
- · Designs custom test equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- · Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and requirements.
We are seeking candidates with the following;
- · Minimum of a Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering - 12 years of related experience plus completion of graduate coursework or a MSEE preferred plus 7 years of related experience.
- · Solid experience and expertise in modern board level analog and digital technology.
- · Lead role for embedded applications utilizing microprocessor and DSP and FPGA technology.
- · Experience in CPLD and FPGA design using HDL/VHDL
- · Experience in using SPICE/PSPICE simulation software for simulating complex circuit behavior (DC, AC and Transient).
- · Proficient in using schematic capture and board layout tools, preferably PADS/Mentor tools for schematic capture, layout and routing.
- · Hands on experience with CAM 350 a plus
- · Experience in electro mechanical packaging; shock, vibration and heat transfer knowledge required.
- · Solid communication both written and verbal.
Experience in the following areas are added value;
- · Project management; MS Project,
- · Working knowledge in embedded programming using C, C++. C#.
- · Experience with low power embedded products for SONAR marine instrumentation, ultrasound.
- · Product development in an ISO 9001 – 2008 environment.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits - EEOC Employer
For immediate consideration apply on line:
Kelly Engineering offers health, prescription, vision, dental, life and short-term disability, 401(k) enrollment, vacation and holiday pay. As well as weekly pay and direct deposit. Review the details of these benefits at http://mykelly.com.
Kelly Engineering Resources specializes in connecting companies around the world with qualified Engineers, Designers, Drafters, Technicians.
We are part of Kelly Services, a US-based Fortune 500 company and a global industry leader in workforce solutions. With our global presence we are uniquely positioned to provide our clients with workforce solutions and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.