Sr. Software Design Engineer (closed)
The position is responsible for a variety of intermediate to advanced engineering assignments. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of DO-178B industry standards and ideally proficient in DOORS requirements management tool. Other required knowledge and skills include C Programming language, experience with emulators and the ability to understand hardware schematics. Familarity with Source Safe and VectorCAST is a plus.
- Responsible for a variety of intermediate to advanced software design assignments
- Performs architectural and detailed software design
- Assists in performing time and costing activities as required through Sales or Engineering
- Works with customers to establish, clearly define, and fully understand design definitions
- May Develop functional or test specifications
- Coordinates Electronic or Firmware Design with responsible Engineering Manager
- Responsible for all levels of deliverables (requirements tracking, documentation, revision control, development and verification) required to produce a quality product on time.
- Minimum BSEE or BSCS
- 5-10 years of relevant product experience
- Experience with C Programming language
- Experience with emulators
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Understanding of software-hardware interfaces and effects
- Knowledge of DO-178B industry standards
- Proficient in DOORS requirements management tool
- Ability to manage technical risk
- Familiarity with Source Safe a plus
- Familiarity with Cantata Programming is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with customers, vendors, and factory personnel
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to produce general purpose, reusable design elements
- Ability to manage design projects from conception through customer delivery
- Experience with Software regression and stress testing methodologies a plus
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 practices, DA, TUV, EC, FCC, agency requirements, and FMECA analysis.
NOTE: Regulations require employees assigned to ITAR regulated projects be of US Person status (Citizen/Permanent Resident)
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/wayneperrett