Java Application Developer (closed)
JAVA APPLICATION DEVELOPER
(Downtown Toronto, ON)
If you are highly motivated and experienced Application Developer in Java, our client has very exciting and challenging opportunity to work on their strategic financial application. Working within a growing team in Toronto office, the candidate responsibilities will include design, coding, troubleshooting and optimization of JEE-based application. Our technology stack includes Java 1.5, Oracle 11g, Hibernate, Struts, Spring, EJB, WAS7. A significant focus will be applied to overall application performance and ensuring the delivered solution is highly efficient and scalable.
- Design & Development of JEE-based application based on business requirements, while adhering to our development standards
- Optimization and troubleshooting
- Documentation of developed solution
- Technical direction according to development best practices and current development technologies
- Java 1.5, at least 5 years+ experience
- Message Queues
- Websphere Application Server
- EXTJS experience will be very beneficial
- Financial or trading systems technical experience
- SOA/Enterprise Service Bus/Web service implementation experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong database skills including database design, strong SQL skills and experience in optimizing Hibernate to work with database in a most efficient way. Experience with Oracle will be most beneficial, but candidates with exposure to other relational databases such as SQL Server, DB2 or Sybase will be also considered.
We are looking for solid candidates. If you have the required qualifications, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration:
- Your resume in MS WORD
- Subject Line: JAVHFS32756028
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants but only suitable applicants will be contacted.
On January 1st 2011, Modis joined forces with Ajilon Consulting to create a true powerhouse in the field of IT Staffing. In the complex world of Information Technology, the new Modis will connect you to the right talent, the right opportunities and the right answers. Let us help you make exceptional connections.