Application Installer (closed)
|Application Virtualizatioin Tools||Yes|
|Symantec Wise Package Studio||Yes|
Microsoft Windows Systems / Desktop Engineer (Windows & Application Packager) needed for Client located near Newport Beach, CA for a 6 month Contract position.
• Design and implement test plans for distribution of software applications and patches on all desktop images
• Testing the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams
• Transform source code into a deployable and resilient executable via MSI and Virtual technologies
• Maintain and advance relations with Application Development teams and some external vendors
• Coordinate action items amongst Operations teams.
• Increase systematic efficiencies
• Develop and maintain custom MSI packages in Symantec Wise Package Studio or Flexera AdminStudio for application deployment and upgrades; create packages and programs to deploy to department and enterprise
• Re-package applications, upgrades and utility software in Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) format using various tools.
• Minimum of 5+ years enterprise experience working in a large complex corporate IT environment as a Microsoft Windows Systems Engineer designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft's MSI technology
• Proficient in the use of scripting languages and tools
• 2 to 4 years experience VBscript, XML and Wise for Windows Installer software
• Understanding of the Windows XP and Windows 7 desktop environments
• Thorough knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role
• Experience with architecting and designing of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects
• Knowledge and implementation experience of one or more of Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, or VDI projects including application virtualization tools (e.g., Microsoft App-V)
• Solid understanding of standard client/server and networking fundamentals and a secondary expertise in at least one of the following:
o Enterprise Antivirus solutions
o Systems Center Suite: SCCM & SCOM
o Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level; exceptional customer service, overall communication and technical writing skills
• Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level; must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of team of engineers.
• Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
• Highly motivated self-starter and self-directed
• Team player and willing to perform needed tasks to complete work