Head of UK Marketing (closed)
Role: Head of UK Marketing
Location: Scotland (commuting distance from Edinburgh)
Package: Flexible base salary depending on experience plus a range of benefits including bonus,pension, health insurance.
The Client is a rapidly growing speciality pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for the treatment of unmet therapeutic needs in major markets. With more than 300 people employed by the Company, it is headquartered in Scotland with commercial operations throughout the rest of the UK and continental Europe and a US head office.
They are seeking to recruit a Head of UK Marketing reporting into the Senior Vice President of Commercial - Northern Europe. This key leadership role will set the strategic direction of the UK product portfolio and ensure all objectives are met within budget. In addition the successful candidate will lead and coach the UK Marketing managers ensuring all objectives for sales and profits of the portfolio are achieved within budgets.
The key purpose of the role will be to:-
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for the UK product portfolio
- Implement strategic plans with Senior VP Commercial - Northern Europe & Sales Director to determine promotion resource for each product
- Lead, coach and manage the UK Marketing team
- Analyse new product opportunities with Business Development
- Manage Marketing group budget associated with advertising and promotion
- Work closely with Sales & Medical to achieve objectives maintaining productive relations with all functional groups
- Ensure UK Marketing managers objectives are met on schedule and within budget
- Produce and monitor the implementation of strategic marketing plans, ensuring that stated objectives are met on schedule and within approved budgets
- Develop launch plans for new indications, line extensions and formulations
- Interpret intelligence on each products performance, competitors and customer attitudes, proposing appropriate actions as the market environment for each product changes.
- Work as a strong team player with Sales, Medical Research, Supply Chain, Medical Affairs, Medical Information and Legal departments to identify, initiate and monitor projects concerning products and disease areas
Candidates will need to possess:-
- Experience of managing a UK pharmaceutical portfolio with a proven track record
- Direct line management experience
- Ideally you should be able to demonstrate exceptional sales success across a portfolio of products in both primary and secondary care (or equivalent)
- Brand management experience
- A degree in life sciences or marketing (or equivalent)
- ABPI Code of Practice trained and certified
You must speak good English, have good communication and presentation skills and be able to work within cross-functional teams
Oncology experience would be advantageous
- Marketing accreditation, CIM (or equivalent)
Key Competencies specific to the role ;Strategic thinking, Leadership and coaching skills, Excellent presentation skills, Attention to detail, Influencing and negotiating, High level of communication skills, Diplomatic, Excellent team player.