Senior Software Developer - Web Application and Dashboard Framework (closed)
Ciber's client is currently architecting next generation web-based Business Intelligence framework. This framework will provide a best in class application development platform supporting the rapid development and implementation of web based decision support applications. This framework will include best of breed technologies, including: complex mapping; data mart integration; extensible MVC web tier; dashboards; and OLAP reporting.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for software design and implementation. This individual will be seen as an expert in their field of technology and will have hands on development responsibilities along with leadership and mentoring responsibilities for developers and junior developers.
The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek. This position will be based out of downtown Detroit and requires little out of town travel.
- Participates in the development of design specifications for new functionality with other members of the software development team
- Builds high quality software solutions using industry best practices and mentor other development resources in said practices
- Works with Business Leadership, Product Manager and Analyst to identify client needs
- Performs quality testing in collaboration with Quality Services staff to identify and correct defects in the product offering
- Provides support to internal teams clients encountering difficulties in using the software
- Assists with the development and delivery of technical training on new applications and application updates
- May participate in setting objectives, conducting performance appraisals, assigning and prioritizing work, establishing and maintaining quality, quantity and timeliness of work, coaching, mentoring, managing and motivating assigned Software Developers and Support Developers
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency with:
- Object Oriented analysis and design
- UML version 2
- C#, ADO.NET, and the .NET (v4) framework and/or Java Enterprise Edition
- Service Oriented Architecture implementation
- MVC web application development
- Integration patterns and technology, including web services and messaging middleware
- Localization and internationalization
- Design and implementation of highly available, fault tolerant solution
- Applied Business Intelligence, including Dimensional Data Modeling, knowledge a plus
- Proficiency with Agile development methodologies and the identification and application of design patterns
- Expertise with unit testing at a level sufficient to teach others
- Experience in software development and testing methodologies (performance/load testing, scaffolding development, interactive development, configuration management)
- Ability to prioritize to competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Oral communication skills necessary to express ideas clearly to individuals and groups
- Written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate technical information
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Baccalaureate degree in computer science or related field from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution is preferred
- Minimum Three years work experience as a Software Developer or equivalent position