FPGA Programming Engineer-CT (closed)
Responsible for all activities necessary to plan and complete engineering projects involving complex digital logic designs, primarily using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) devices. The ideal candidate for this position will perform the following:
- Lead efforts in initial product specification, selection of digital logic devices, design architecture, implementation and verification.
- Lead the development of digital architectures for new product line product and current product line upgrade in collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Collaborate and provide leadership within design; ensure that layout, power supplies and I/O allocations will provide a sound FPGA implementation.
- Delivery of hardware designs through prototype, beta, and production release in compliance with Thinklogical development process and quality practices.
- Sustain design and debug as required after product release. Develop goal-oriented solutions for customer problems.
- Provide application support to sales and marketing personnel as needed. Intermittent involvement with key customers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters in Electrical Engineering a Plus!
- 5+ years experience in High Speed FPGA circuit design using VHDL.
- Experience with Altera, Xilinx, and Lattice FPGAs.
- Experience with all aspects of FPGA design including synthesis, place and route, and timing closure. Experience in writing test benches and performing simulation required; Modelsim experience a plus. Key FPGA skills include: Familiarity with embedded high speed SERDES, designing for multiple clock domains, high speed digital interfaces (serial and parallel), DDR/DDR2 RAM, etc.
- Experience with multi-gigabit copper and optical serial interfaces.
- Have well-rounded knowledge of various types of EDA tools such as schematic capture, simulation, synthesis, place-and-route tools.
- Generate schematics for circuit board designs.
- Familiarity with SDI, DVI video a plus
- US citizenship required.