Retail Food Services Director (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the nation’s leading food service and facilities management company. With over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.675 billion, we set the standard for food and service excellence.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one - to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was selected as one of the Top 100 Employers of Canada in 2011 for the third consecutive year.
Chartwells College and University Dining Services is the division of Compass Group Canada responsible for providing food services to educational institutions across Canada such as: Simon Fraser University, Cambrian College, University of Calgary, Olds College, University of Toronto, University of Ottawa, Memorial University, University of PEI, Humber College and George Brown College.
Position: Food Service Director
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
We are currently seeking a Food Service Director at University of Toronto – Mississauga Campus, in Mississauga Ontario. At University of Toronto, Compass provides food services to approximately 12000 students, and faculty /staff. Our operating units cater to both students and staff in a variety of food services and programs including both internal and external national brands.
This position will report to the General Manager and has direct reports of 120+ unionized associates. This operation runs 7 days per week and you are required to work some evenings and weekends as per business needs.
- Manage $3M retail food service operation
- Meal plan and retail sales
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting
- Implement different retail and marketing programs in the operation which includes internal brand and branded concepts programs
- Accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education plus minimum 2-3 years related management experience in an equivalent, branded retail foodservice setting with strong front of house retail skills.
- Experience managing both Front of the House and Back of the House food service operations
- Strong retail merchandising and marketing experience
- Possess superior leadership qualities, multi-tasking skills and the ability to harmonize good team work
- Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction
- Hard working team player
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Strong labor relations experience is a must
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis
- Experience in menu planning and execution within a retail type environment
- Experience working with branded concepts i.e. Pizza Pizza, Second Cup, Starbucks, and Tim Hortons, etc.
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- Superior client relations and retail customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Related food service management experience in College and University environment would be an asset
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Knowledge of POS System an asset
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: http://careers.compass-canada.com