NY-HX Application Designer (closed)
The Federal government passed legislation for the Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act. This legislation requires each State to stand up a health insurance exchange with the overall goal of providing affordable insurance options for individuals and small businesses. We are anticipating working with the State of New York to design, build, implement and operate the NY Health Insurance Exchange (NY-HX). We are currently seeking an Application Designer.
- Design, develop and implement highly complex computer programs in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Contribute to complex problem solving
- Design systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded
- Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
Proposed hardware and software environment:
- Rational Application Developer/Eclipse IDE
- Java SE, EE, JMS, JNDI, JUnit
- Struts/Spring frameworks
- Websphere App Server v 7.0
- Websphere MQ
- Scrum programming
- Web services/SOA programming
- Business Process Execution language (BPEL)
- Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Websphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR)
- Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience with writing application software in the proposed hardware and software environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, programming, testing, software conversions.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading a group of staff numbering over 5 in the design of program specifications and the implementation of software solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related field
- Strong personal computer and business solutions skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing programs
- Extreme organization, detail oriented and able to demonstrate acute analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to work in a tem environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members, clients and company management
- Healthcare background experience and background with large-scaled high intensity implementation projects is preferred.