Service Manager (Post-Sales Technical Manager) (2nd Shift) (closed)
Looking for candidates already in THE USA..
Title: Service Manager (2nd Shift)
Location: Mt Laurel, NJ
Duration: Long Term
The Service Manager (SM) is a highly technical advocate within the Client for post-sale account support. The SM works closely with the customer and multiple organizations within Juniper to ensure effective implementation of Client Customer Support. The SM is closely involved in critical customer issues and works closely with other Client organizations on prioritizing and managing customer escalations. The ideal candidate for this role must have a detailed understanding of protocols used for IP service provider networks and be able to demonstrate technical expertise in the configuration and operation of IP routers. The work schedule is from 4pm ET to midnight at the customer facility in Mt Laurel, NJ.
- Understanding of Juniper hardware – e.g., MX and T-series
- Work experience at a large Service Provider
- Experience with core routing MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPv6,L2VPN,VPLS, Multicast, ISIS and VPN
- Experience with deployment of routing and switching products within the Customer infrastructure
- Must have a passion for the Internet and the new emerging technologies related to it. (Experience in the cable space with video, preferred)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have strong data analysis and presentation skills
- Past experience with executive level presentation and written communication required
- Assist in case progress
- Prepare and deliver Postmortem/Root Cause Analysis on both technical and process issues
- Perform analysis on customer issues, develop a problem resolution plan
- Provide software upgrade guidance
- Manage technical escalations
- Coordinating support efforts among multiple organizations
- Support Juniper M and T Series network routing products within the Customer infrastructure
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications
- Partner with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network
- Understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements.
- Understand the customer's organizational structure, support processes and procedures.
- Assist in testing of new fixes, features and functionality required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and assist customer to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution.
- Train the customer's design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products.
- Assist the customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
Send Resumes to Soma@suntechnologies.com