Sr Java Developer (closed)
Nielsen is a global marketing and advertising research company headquartered in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Nielsen is active in over 100 countries, and employs some 32,000 people worldwide. Nielsen is a publicly held global information and media company, and is one of the world's leading suppliers of marketing information (Nielsen Consumer, formerly ACNielsen), media information and TV ratings (Nielsen Media Research), online intelligence (Nielsen Online) and mobile measurement (Nielsen Mobile).
After nearly a century, we’re more focused and skilled than ever at providing the complete view of what consumers watch and buy through powerful insights that clarify the relationship between content and commerce. Whether our clients are in media, consumer packaged goods, telecom or advertising, our expansive data and measurement capabilities provide market context and confidence through our long history of innovation and integrity
Nielsen is looking for a Sr. Java/J2EE Software Developer to join the Global Platform Solutions (GPS) team. As a part of the GPS team you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that Nielsen delivers value to both its customers and to Nielsen.
This position is responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. These software applications must be independently developed and maintained ensuring high-quality standards with minimal defects. The ideal candidate will follow IT standard processes for securing application and components to ensure data and application integrity in our Answers™ On-Demand environment. Answer is an intuitive, web based, Business Intelligence solution that empowers users to gain market insights, share information, and take action to drive profitable results.
- Minimum of 8 years IT experience with 6 years in software development.
- Expert Java programming skills.
- Experience with web services and related protocols (XML).
- Experience with software version control/configuration management tools.
- Experience with open source Java/Spring framework and tools
- Sound understanding of n-tier on-line framework, J2EE
- Sound understanding of the relational databases such as Oracle and deep experience with SQL over JDBC
- Experienced with leading development teams
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Expert understanding and the ability to apply software design and testing principles.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.