Call Center Team Manager - 450 (closed)
Position: Call Center Team Manager
Location: Houston, Texas
This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager; the primary responsibility is to manage, train, develop, coach, monitor and empower team members to provide customers with a superior sales and service experience, and to inspire the feeling of high energy, excitement, satisfaction, with a sense of pride and belonging in their workplace. This also includes the ability to support the transference of skills and knowledge obtained in the training into practice and production thereby meeting and exceeding key performance objectives.
Why you should join Just Energy:
Energy, opportunity, and growth: You can realize your potential here at Just Energy.
We are a North American market leader in green energy, retail energy, and home services, with a market capitalization of $2 Billion, and 1.8 million customers across North America. We provide an energetic and engaging work environment that is focused on professional and business growth, and where our colleagues have opportunities to excel and be rewarded for our mutual success. We guide ourselves in all our efforts by our vision to revolutionize how our customers use energy, and to uphold critical corporate values of integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence. If you are interested in being part of one of the largest energy retailers and renewable energy providers in North America, then join us.
Your primary accountabilities:
- Coordinate and direct the daily operations of a team of 16-20 non-exempt employees as well as contribute to the success of your function through your leadership role within your peer group.
- Provide daily coaching and feedback, recognize and reward accomplishments and contributions, introduce new processes and procedures, and track performance to achieve set goals.
- Process exception items, resolve complex issues, review and recommend system modifications, conduct quality reviews, and monitor daily business.
- Interact directly with partners and groups within the organization and will be accountable for deliverables to them on a daily / monthly basis.
- Track and develop talent within your team to prepare and produce future leaders.
- Recommend human resources' actions such as hiring, corrective action, terminations, salary actions, and promotions.
- Partner with leadership on special projects with your function and the site.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a call center or fast paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership skills in creating an environment where employees are excited, engaged, and capable of delivering exceptional performance.
- Extensive customer service knowledge and background with the ability to create and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Proven communication and diplomacy skills to work cross-functionally to influence others, drive results/change, and implement new processes & procedures.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities to assess and drive process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to achieve service and sales results.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and specific knowledge of systems and applications used to support a call center environment.
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus.
- Flexibility and availability to work different shifts within the Contact Center hours of operations.