Production Supervisor (closed)
Assist plant superintendent by assuring that the assigned production department is operated in the most profitable and efficient basis through proper utilization of assigned manpower, materials, equipment and space. The position is responsible for organizing all assigned resources to produce products according to the current schedule, and according to the approved quality standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise production team members performing production operations and must be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the team member handbook, safety manual, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instills good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that visitors may be received in the plant at any time.
- Evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc. Recommends candidates for hire, promotion and demotion transfer or release.
- Responsible for maintaining manpower within the assigned department at authorized levels. Re-assigns team members on ‘down equipment’ to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Observes production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment: takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Continuously analyzes the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design communication and reporting, cost controls and makes recommendations to plant superintendent for disposition.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc. Documents any and all problems and provides action plans to plant superintendent for disposition.
- In case of emergency, direct team member to their assigned safe area.
- Process all required forms in a timely manner for payroll and Human Resources (i.e. employee status form, timecards, PTO sheets, EIRP reward, etc.).
- Contact Engineering and Maintenance for required repair work.
- With the Plant Manager and Operation Manager, study operation where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action.
- Develop among the assigned team members a consciousness for the need for the need for teamwork to attain departmental and Avanzar objectives.
- Support and carry out Johnson Controls’ management philosophy and vision.
- Attend safety and quality meetings when needed.
- Must be able to evaluate color.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate employees in a multi-cultural environment
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System. Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team.