- Identify suppliers to source the desired products with the following characteristics in mind:
- Quality products and brands that we want associated with the GuideWell brand
- Competitive pricing
- Willingness to provide periodic price reductions/promotions
- Ability to drop ship
i. If not, identify a distributor of that product who will
- Has the technical capabilities to interface with our ERP system
- Cultivate relationships with suppliers to stay abreast of new products and promotion opportunities.
- Liaise with procurement to develop supplier agreements
- Coordinate with applicable GuideWell counterparts to ensure all contract terms are covered.
- Coordinate with Merchandising and IT to ensure catalog upload processes are created and completed in efficient and timely manner.
- Negotiate for product samples.
- Work with Merchandising Manager to identify products to add to GuideWell.com and client storefronts.
- Attend periodic Merchandising meetings to
i. Review sales, margin, and overall current assortment performance
ii. Plan for future product needs based on financial forecast and promotional campaigns
- Address adhoc product needs based on market trends or new client launches.
- Provide Merchandising with periodic updates on new supplier opportunities.
- Work with Procurements and Legal to:
- Cultivate relationships with applicable Procurement and Legal personnel
- Develop supplier contract template
- Expeditiously process supplier contracts
- Attempt to multi-source products where possible
- Constantly strive to reduce product costs while maintaining quality.
Primary Technical / Business Requirements: (e.g. Hardware, Software, Operating System)
- 3 or more years’ experience in commodity management or supplier development.
- Internet retail experience desired and progressive knowledge of the health and wellness industry
- Strong communication, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and communication skills with all levels of organization and suppliers.
- Knowledge of best in class sourcing procedures and practices preferred
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree preferred.