Pharmacist Out Patient Clinic (closed)
STG International is seeking qualified candidates for Pharmacist to work Part Time supporting the Harrisonburg, VA Community Based Out Patient Clinic
- Screens prescriptions/orders for appropriate dosages, drug interactions and therapeutic overlap.
- Obtain drug histories of selected patients, and counsel’s patients concerning their medications with regard to proper methods of administration, potential side effects, and appropriate precautions.
- Consults with medical staff regarding medications, suggesting rational alternatives when requests for non-formulary medications are made.
- Detects, assesses, and reports adverse drug reactions, drug interactions and drug toxicities.
- Monitors, assesses and plans drug therapy including drug usage, medical problems, labs, and other data.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention, and early detection.
- Coordinates an effective quality assurance program for Pharmacy Service which includes, but not limited to, drug utilization review activities.
- Upholds the regulations set forth by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee in regards to administration of medication.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Operates emergency equipment, including monitor, automatic electronic defibrillator and portable oxygen.
- Provides education to patients and families according to needs and learning capacity.
- Reviews laboratory reports and makes recommendations if change in medication is needed.
- Document all pertinent patient information in the medical records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity care.
- Maintain VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Ensures all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the CBOC’s compliance with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission, OSHA, VA, HNFS, and Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support patients’ privacy, rights and safety.
- Perform other work –related duties as assigned and within limits privileges
- Graduate of accredited doctorate program in the field of pharmacology.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience within the past three(3) years as a provider in a related area of clinical pharmacology
- Current state license as a Clinical Pharmacist. Must comply with all state requirements and regulations.
- CPR/BLS Certification
- Recognizes the age related needs and demonstrates knowledge and care appropriate to that age group. Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the patients.
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals so as to recognize drug interactions, therapeutic overlaps, inappropriate dosing, and be able to recommend therapeutic alternatives when necessary.
- Knowledge of VA policies and procedures especially in the area of pharmacy service and the legal requirements of VACO, Joint Commission, and state and federal mandates.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of customer service techniques related of age-specific population.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and basic computer maneuverability.
Link to apply: https://stginternational.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=217783&company_id=15954&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992314&bycountry=0&bystate=0&bylocation=&keywords=5786&byCat=&tosearch=yes