Senior Internal Auditor (closed)
A growing federally-funded Nonprofit organization, located in downtown DC, has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Internal Auditor in a valued and visible Internal Audit Division.
- 3-5 years direct work experience in Internal Audit or a large public accounting firm;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- CPA or CIA required
- Strong understanding of internal controls and project management skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and leadership;
- Strong financial accounting experience;
- Plan and perform advanced, specialized audit work to include compliance reviews and provide the necessary corrective recommendations when deficiencies and exceptions are discovered.
- Prepare clear and concise audit workpapers, reports, and other communications to document audit procedures performed and exceptions noted.
- Communicate audit results, in oral or written format, to the Board, management, and other audiences as appropriate;
- Review workpaper documentation for quality assurance purposes;
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Internal Audit Division;
- Assist in other internal audit special projects as needed.