Implementation Manager (closed)
Business Consultant (Implementation Services)
The firm is looking for a high caliber entry-level Business Consultant to implement the companies software at asset managers, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada.
Primary focus will be on the back office functions of position keeping, fund administration, settlement and accounting. In addition, performance measurement and risk management may also be included in client implementation projects.
The firms software covers a broad universe of financial instruments, consultants will be exposed to a wide range of securities, from plain vanilla equity and fixed income instruments to complex OTC derivatives.
The companies internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge over a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable 'hands-on' experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
• Participate in all aspects of the companies enterprise software implementations, including business analysis, system design, configuration and validation.
• Contribute to continually improving and documenting of the companies implementation methodology.
• Participate in the companies internal training program.
• Represent the company in a consultative and professional manner
• Travel to client sites in US and Canada. While assigned to implementation projects, consultants will normally work onsite at the client location Monday to Thursday. Overall travel requirement for this position is estimated at 80%.
• Degree within Mathematics / Applied Sciences / Software Engineering / Economics and/or Finance. Multi-disciplined degree and post graduate degrees preferred.
• Consultants must possess a general understanding of financial market and instruments. Exposure to the following is beneficial:
• Financial services - front, middle or back office functions
• Consulting or professional services experience or internships within the investment management sector
• Software implementation experience
• Consultants will also have a proven track record and be able to demonstrate:
• Interest in the finance industry and the capacity to learn more through a combination of internal training and on-the-job experience.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills and a solution focused attitude
• Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and an ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Exposure to or knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be preferred:
• Portfolio management and decision making tools in the front office
• Performance measurement, attribution, and reporting
• Domestic and international settlement processes
• Investment and fund accounting
• Risk management
• Financial instruments: fixed income, equity based products, OTC derivatives
• Technical integration with other product and services
• Relational databases, Oracle
• SQL, XML and/or ETL tools
• Crystal Reports