Requirements Analyst (closed)
7+ years experience is required.
The Requirements Analyst uses progressive interviewing and facilitation techniques to engage stakeholders and identify and document business objectives, needs and requirements. The successful SA leverages their advanced analytical, problem solving and research skills and collaborates with developers to design innovative technology solutions
We are seeking an experienced professional in the IT business analysis area to perform functional analysis and design activities for moderately complex IT solutions by eliciting, defining, validating and translating business objectives. One who translates business and system needs into Solution Requirements for Designers, Developers and Testers to consume and uses requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification to deliver functional, nonfunctional, and information requirements .
They are also involved in all types of solution approaches (custom development, package implementation etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data warehouses, web services, infrastructure etc.)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieves and maintains a solid understanding of the business environment as a whole, including business practices, processes and strategy.
2. Defines and analyzes current business processes. Facilitates the definition and design of future state business processes. Performs functional analysis and design, including functional alignment, scope definition and negotiation, and business process design.
3. Performs individual aspects of the requirements specification function, including requirements prioritization and functional and non-functional specification development.
4. Performs requirements validation activities, including functional validation and traceability, consensus building, requirements management, and static testing.
5. Defines and analyzes current state technology. Analyzes and defines the impact to the systems environment. Performs user experience design and specification, design validation, static and dynamic modeling and solution analysis and design activities on assigned projects.
6. Demonstrates a solid understanding of the IT environment as a whole, including information flows, applications and infrastructure, and IT roadmaps.
7. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of development methodologies and such as Agile, Waterfall, Iterative.
•Ability to understand business objectives and IT delivery capabilities to provide fully integrated solutions
•Analytical ability to understand, elicit and document functional and non-functional requirements and their impact to business objectives
•Demonstrated ability to identify and highlight deviations between current and to-be states and effectively communicate to primary stakeholders
•Ability to use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems
•Demonstrated ability to define user acceptance strategies
•Experienced in project assessment and planning of business analysis activities; risk analysis, time estimation, task identification, scope management
•Ability to generate screen mockups or visualization of requirements
•Demonstrated ability to manage requirements volatility, integrity and continuity via change management and reprioritization
•Demonstrated ability to learn on-the-fly and drive execution of project work
•Excellent relationship management skills
•Must have excellent communications skills and be prepared to work with minimal direction
•Works with subject matter expert on a project team involved with the development, implementation, administration, and operation of new business and system processes and strategies, which may include multiple functions, product lines, technology platforms, and business activities. Proven leadership skills with the ability to work with technical and business teams including virtual teams. Must have the ability to work with technology vendors in the delivery of project solutions. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Undergraduate studies in computer science management information systems, business administration, Usability and Design/Human Factors, insurance or related field is preferred.
Required / Desired Skills
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Insurance experience Desired 0 Working Knowledge
Data Flow / Data Information Requirements Required 0 Expert Knowledge