Sr Business Analyst (closed)
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Position: Sr Business Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our software
development team. Our growing software development organization needs talented
people who possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience and creativity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, conducts requirements workshops and surveys, documents business processes, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivers the following artifacts as needed:
- Business Requirements Document
- Functional Requirements Document
- Use Cases
- GUI, Screen and User Interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under the direction of the VP of IT.
- Drive and challenge business units (LOBs) on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts (SMEs) to establish the technical vision and analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Becomes the liaison between the business units (LOBs), technology teams and support teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
Must have skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline. Will consider candidates with equivalent experience.
- SharePoint 2010 SME, Power User and site administration experience including site (templates, page layouts, permissions), user and content (lists, workflows) management.
- Well-versed in SDLC and development methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query software (SQL, Toad) and reporting software (Crystal Reports).
- Proven data analysis, data verification and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Would like to have skills:
- Requirements analysis experience for web and mobile (Android, iOS) applications.
- Well-versed in functional testing methodologies.
- Experience with HR and Payroll Systems (PDS Vista), Oracle eBusiness Suite.