Software Architect (closed)
Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
Crestron is looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to lead web services initiatives at Crestron. The ideal candidate is a great communicator with strong leadership skills. This is a hands-on position and candidate must have extensive experience in creating online services.
Daily activities will include the full lifecycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug and support of new and existing services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, develop, and maintain Crestron web services.
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications for embedded device configuration.
- Work closely with and provide leadership to other developers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for selecting and interfacing with hosting partners.
- Provide technical documentation, including but not limited to test procedures, design specifications, etc.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 – 15 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years of experience as a team leader.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development principles
- Proficient analytical skills to resolve complex problems
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced interactive development environment
- Hands on experience with
o Network security infrastructure including Active Directory, SSL, Firewalls, etc.
o Design of large scale Web and N Tiered applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including
o Oral communication, consultative and advisory skills to act as a lead technical resource and provide expertise and advice to other developers.
o Written communication skills to develop strategies, policies, standards, templates and related technical materials.