Business Analyst, Investments (closed)
Manulife's Investment Division is a leading global investment manager with offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
We are seeking a Business Analyst who will be responsible for managing business processes and requirements that support our technology strategy and direction for our Investment Division Business Units. This individual will be building relationships with key business and IT partners, working in tandem to define and implement solutions that drive our competitive advantage. You will work on projects that support cross-site business and technical projects of moderate to large scope and complexity through all phases of requirements definition, development, testing and implementation. You will liaise with the project manager, technology partners, and project stakeholders across the organization to ensure the delivery of quality products within the expected timeframe and budgets.
- Liaise between business and systems areas to investigate and/or develop solutions to complex business/systems issues.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to interface with technical and non technical individuals.
- Manage the business requirements and project life cycle that supports the technology strategy and direction for the Investment Division Business Units.
- Ability to work with business partners and architects to develop Service Oriented Solutions.
- Collaborate with internal technical leads on the best architectural design.
- Liaise with third party onshore coordinators who will pass work to the offshore development team.
- Build successful relationships with key business and IT partners.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, across multiple and diverse business and systems groups.
- 5+ years progressive business analysis experience supporting medium to large size IT projects. College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a global environment including off-shored resources.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Iterative Development Methodologies, Agile is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of experience of business analysis methodology and tools, such as UML/Rational Rose.
- Ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with systems resources.
- Experience with a variety of Requirements documentation approaches, including: Functional Specs, Use Cases and Business Process Modeling.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Solid understanding of Financial Services and Investment Management Strategies & Products.
- Experience working on a trading platform such as Calypso, Murex, Summit, Charles River, Blackrock Aladdin or Openlink Findur is a strong plus.
- Investment Management Concept Skills: a familiarity with Fixed Income & Equity elements, organization, and business use; both for Trading and for Portfolio Management (analytics).
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V