Jr. Java Developer (closed)
Job Description Overview:
The Company is a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry with 500+ staff globally and ambitious expansion plans. Focused on financial institutions that work cross-asset, often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the Company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations.
We are looking for a number of Junior Java Developers to join the Company’s capital markets consulting business here in NYC, which currently numbers 250+ globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full SDLC activities from design, programming, testing, scripting, installation
- Ensure that applications are developed to full usability in terms of robustness, scalability and security
- Ensure all code complies with the highest security and technical standards
- Participate in the definition of both functional and non-functional requirements of a system and define the development strategy, standards and support tools.
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units creating test stubs and test data as necessary.
- Require an understanding of the overall system architecture and the impact of changes to the system.
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for UI, Mid-Tier, data access and database development including change management, release management, & source code control.
Skills & Requirements:
Technical Skills/Knowledge/Experience (some or all):
SQL, UNIX, Excel/VBA, Linux, J2EE, C, C#, C++, HTML, XML, Shell Scripting, Stata, Matlab, SAS, Mathematica, Third Party Systems Knowledge (Preferable), Algorithmics, AvantGardRisk, Calypso, Devon, Fidessa, Finesse, Kondor+, Murex, OpenLink, Optics, Opus, Principia, Sabre, Summit, Wall Street
Financial Knowledge/Experience (some or all):
Credit Derivatives, Credit Risk, Equities, Equity Derivatives, Options, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, FX, Bonds, Futures, FRAs, Swaps, Market Data, Interest Rate Risk, Interest Rate Derivatives
- 2-5 years of experience in a Java Developer role
- Experience of working in a commercial business environment
- Strong Mathematics background is preferred
- A proven track record in Software Development
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical, decision-making and organisation skills are required
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills