Financial Analyst (closed)
The Financial Analyst will provide financial forecasting, business planning, and general accounting support to the FP&A leadership while working in a high paced enviroment. This person will produce and provide financial analyses to internal clients and management and work with others in the FP&A and business groups to prepare budgets, variance analyses, and capital planning schedules.
- Maintain monthly reporting and analysis models that track performance and results of various units within the organization including the monthly close/reforecast process and variance reporting standards
- Communicate with business partners and business leaders to ensure consistency with current finance operational environment
- Assist in providing timely and accurate reporting/analysis and ensure information is received completely and in the correct format before completing final analyses
- Design and write queries in Hyperion financial planning, Oracle Essbase, Excel, Access and/or other internal financial systems to extract data from various data sources effectively
- Maintain the financial planning system by completing data uploads and revisions and running and organizing automated reports that accurately consolidate and identify issues that cause variances
- Complete monthly revenue and expense analysis to provide key drivers impacting results
- Test and suggest new reports in response to current business issues and create standard operating procedures for the benefit of the department
- Complete special projects and ad hoc requests for financial information
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Economics
- 1+ years of experience in accounting or financial planning and analysis
Business Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Strong analytical skills with experience in creating reports using Hyperion financial planning, and Oracle Essbase.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively with management both in the finance and business operations groups
- Ability to perform and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment by multi-tasking
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a sometimes unstructured environment with frequently changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills with desire to grow in finance profession
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access skills
- Experience with Lawson enterprise financial management is a plus.