Subsea Hardware Engineer (closed)
Subsea Hardware Engineer
- As a Subsea Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Research available subsea hardware options as well as stay abreast of current design qualification efforts in the industry in order to implement them into the field architecture.
- Generate cost effective field architecture design, interfacing with Pipeline, Flow Assurance, Riser Analysis, Marine, etc. as applicable.
- Provide technical guidance/coaching to subsea designers and less experienced engineers
- Develop innovative subsea design (PLET, manifolds and rigid pipe jumpers), inventions, patents, technologies and present these in white papers at industry trade shows.
- Prepare and check design basis, functional specifications, project execution plan and approve project documentation.
- Check specifications, datasheets, reports, technical notes, procedures, Instructions and Notes to Bidders, RFQ and procurement packages for PO award and material requisitions, and bid evaluations.
- Stay updated on ISO 9001 procedures.
- Provide offshore support as required for the project.
- 7-10 years of professional engineering experience in the offshore subsea industry; specific experience in the design and analysis of subsea xmas trees
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering
- Familiar with field development scenarios, rigid pipe jumper and subsea structure design and installation scenarios both in shallow and deep water.
- Knowledgeable of subsea design codes (API, DNV, ASME, ISO) and computer software such as AutoPIPE and STAAD would be beneficial.
- Able to demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problem efficiently and economically.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interface with Clients, Consultants, Vendors, drafting designer and other lead engineers in a multi-discipline projects.
- Good computer skills and be proficient on Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent work ethic and maintain a good work attitude.