Java Solutions Architect (closed)
A Java Solutions Architect required for our client, an exciting Irish R&D firm, in Dublin. The Java Solutions Architect will work with a number of blue-chip clients in Ireland, Europe and the US.
Our client is a winner of several technology awards for emerging IT firms and as part of their rapid expansion plans they now have exciting opportunities for accomplished Solutions Architects to design, integrate and implement their solutions. Their ground-breaking suite of products focus on developing and enhancing end user engagement, for new clients in industry verticals such as telco, government agencies, utilities and banks across Europe, Asia/Pacific and the USA.
The Java Solutions Architect will participate in the product development lifecycle, from defining requirements and associated use cases to design and implementation. Product development is based on an agile methodology, and is based on the technologies listed below, with open source Java technologies at the product core.
- Act as the primary Solutions architect on client engagements
- Provide key knowledge of our software, and will understand and act appropriately on the business and technical requirements of the client.
- Participate in workshops to define and initiate projects.
- Input to product roadmap, and definition of customisation work.
- Support client during interface design, data mapping and testing.
- Software design and build for integration of the product within the client environment.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills. A customer focused approach and a willingness to travel.
- 5 years experience in software development, using relevant technologies.
- Experience of delivering large scale solutions to for global clients using many of the above technologies
- Large scale enterprise solutions architecture and presales experience in industry verticals such as telco, government agencies, utilities and banks
- Experience designing and developing high volume, multi-threaded transaction processing systems and web based solutions
- Experience in the following technologies
o HTML5, REST, GWT, GIN, Guice, Spring Framework, Jersey, Grails, OAuth, JQuery, Widgets, SASS
o JPA/Hibernate/DataNucleus, MySQL/Oracle, NoSQL/Cassandra/Hadoop, AWS/S3, Jackrabbit, Lucene/SOLR
o ESB, SOA WebServices, JBoss/Mule, EAI, SAML, OpenAM
o Maven, Ant, SVN/GIT, Cruisecontrol, Continuous Deployment, Eclipse/Intellij
- Be available for up to 20% travel