Firmware Engineer Req : 2057 (closed)
NOTE : We are open to candidates who are willing and open to relocate.
Who we are : Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes.
Education/Experience: We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. You will have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:·
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time software and algorithms for Windows CE based products
- Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
- Responsible for bringing up new hardware platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current firmware/software systems including enhancements on features and performance, troubleshooting, and bug fixing;
- Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
In addition we require:
- A minimum of 1 year of proven experience developing and debugging applications and Board Support Packages for Windows CE, embedded Linux, or similar (including drivers, memory management, and efficient driver communication methods)
- Must have strong C and C++ programming skills, experience with C# is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
- Experience with analyzing schematics, hardware board bring-up, and tuning timing on chipsets and devices will be a strong plus.
For more details, please contact me.
Phone: 201.750.7004 x11100