Core Services Solutions Architect (closed)
Nielsen is currently looking for a Core Services Solutions Architect to work out of our Schaumburg, IL office. I pasted the job description below, please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in pursuing.
Nielsen is a global marketing and advertising research company headquartered in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Nielsen is active in over 100 countries, and employs some 32,000 people worldwide. Nielsen is a publicly held global information and media company, and is one of the world's leading suppliers of marketing information (Nielsen Consumer, formerly ACNielsen), media information and TV ratings (Nielsen Media Research), online intelligence (Nielsen Online) and mobile measurement (Nielsen Mobile).
After nearly a century, we’re more focused and skilled than ever at providing the complete view of what consumers watch and buy through powerful insights that clarify the relationship between content and commerce. Whether our clients are in media, consumer packaged goods, telecom or advertising, our expansive data and measurement capabilities provide market context and confidence through our long history of innovation and integrity
Nielsen is looking for a Java Architect to join the Global Buy Platform (GBP). As a part of the GBP team you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that Nielsen delivers value to both its customers and to Nielsen.
As a Nielsen Architect, you will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. One will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing to recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs. This position works on broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment. Define and build applications and systems to support near-term competitive products and services as well as long-term business needs.
- Own design of components, systems, or entire solution through the full life cycle of the project. Responsible for both strategic and tactical aspects of the design. Ensure design integrity, maintainability and traceability to requirements.
- Analyze, document, review architecture, design code and system configuration.
- Prototype software components and incorporate reusable assets into the application design.
- In collaboration with Architect Leaders, and as a result of a high degree of business engagement, develop plans for building application solutions and environments that address the company's business and technological strategies and are conducive to quick, inexpensive systems delivery.
- Participate on project teams
- Define, document, and implement conceptual designs consisting of data strategy, business processes, application interfaces, and technology solutions.
- Define and implement a structure and design framework including applications design; end-user environment; hardware, software and network environment; and methodologies and standards.
- Train, coach, and share technical and business knowledge with less experienced staff
- Research, assess, and facilitate enhancements and resolution of incidents
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years IT experience with 5+ years’ experience in software development.
- 5+ years experience developing specific technology per group applications and 3 years at an Architect level.
- In-depth knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends.
- Experience in application architecture and design techniques and familiarity with data modeling and relational database techniques.
- Extensive, practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills and leadership abilities using a process-oriented focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Specific Job Requirements
- Experience with design, architecture and deployment of enterprise applications.
- Architecting experience with multi-tier, highly available, scalable, performance-oriented geographically distributed environments.
- Very strong hands-on technical experience with JAVA/J2EE, SOA, Web Services, SOAP, XML, n-tier application architectures.
- Expert knowledge of the appropriate operating systems and communication interfaces.
- Experience with new technology trends including HDFS, Parallel computing, Cloud computing, Big Data.