Java Architect (closed)
Looking for a Java/JEE Application Architect for a multi-phase software development effort. The candidate will work with a team of Java developers, architects and designers to implement the application to the specified business requirements. The Architect must understand business objectives, translate them into application design, transition the application into operational status, and assist with application support and maintenance.
- Must have excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Identify and promote the definition and reuse of common business processes and practices.
- Assist with application business analysis, joint application design and application prototyping sessions.
- Interpret business analysis documentation (including Use Cases and Software Requirements Specifications) and produce object-oriented software design artifacts.
- Perform application coding as directed; as much as 40% of assignment will likely involve coding activities.
- Participate in code walkthroughs.
- Assist with estimation of development deliverables and system deployment tasks.
- Mentor development team in secure object-oriented design and development techniques.
- Expert at concepts such as OO design and implementation, workflow, transaction lifecycles, and component models.
- Proficiency in creating enterprise-wide Web technology business solutions.
- Candidate should have experience working as Software/Application Architect.
- 5+ years of programming/architecture experience in enterprise-level applications using Java and JEE.
- Experience with component software development
- Experienced with object-oriented software design patterns.
- Experience with web and application server environments.
- Experience with the UML modeling.
- Experience with XML, JSF and web services.
- Experience with Spring 3.0 framework and Hibernate.
- Demonstrated experience applying the above technologies to the development of n-tier, web-based applications.