Senior Support Engineer
Senior Support Engineer
Austin, TX or Annapolis, MD
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our customer support team as a Senior Support Engineer.
In this role you will provide advanced support to customers dealing with complex issues surrounding the use of our client's Product Lines. In addition to providing world-class support to our customers, you will be a subject matter expert and mentor to the front-line support group.
A deep desire to provide excellent customer service coupled with a strong (and broad) technical background will be imperative to succeed at this position.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Field customer support requests (telephone, web, email), perform problem determination, and deliver solutions
- On-Call (rotation) for Support for Critical Issues (scheduled in advance)
- Develop patches and deliver to customers
- Subject matter expert on Our Client,network/systems monitoring and related technologies
- Escalate and track higher order issues to Tier 3 (engineering) support Interface with engineering to develop and test solutions, incorporate field patches into codebase, and test and install new features
- Assist product management in developing and prioritizing enhancement lists
- Summarize, communicate and escalate customer experiences
Required Experience / Skills:
- Intermediate (Advanced preferred) understanding of Python
- Experience with systems and network monitoring tools (Zenoss, Nagios, BMC, etc.)
- Two or more years experience with Linux and/or Windows system administration
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive customer-centric attitude
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organized, self-starter with an ability to follow through on issues under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and quickly shift contexts
Desired Experience / Skills:
Experience with any of the following is highly desirable:
- SNMP, SSH, WMI, DCOM, Perfmon
- Shell programming, Trac, SVN
- Prior experience providing technical support for systems with software
- ITIL Foundation Certification
If you want to hear more directly from my client, shoot over a resume and some sort of cover letter describing your attributes and plans for success ASAP. This one won't last for long!
For more information on our company and our opportunities, visit us at:
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to this interface or
You can also submit your resume directly to our database:
US citizens or Green Card holders only for this position.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No Third Party Vendors please.
We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Resource Technical Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer fully and actively supporting equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.