Senior Market Specialist-Community Markets (closed)
Harland Clarke Marketing Services provides data-driven direct and digital marketing solutions to a complete range of vertical industries, including Financial, Retail, Insurance, Healthcare, High-Tech/Software, and more. Through a comprehensive suite of integrated marketing capabilities, including database marketing, eMarketing, advanced analytics, B2B lead management, strategic services, and creative development, we are committed to helping clients realize their marketing performance goals through innovative, measurable solutions. Our turnkey services also include cutting-edge production and fulfillment via direct mail, email and telemarketing delivery.
Advises and assists sales leaders in the facilitation of new sales from large existing and prospective clients with complex needs through in-depth onsite sales presentations and client consultations to financial and non-financial clients; assists in developing solutions to enhance client retention and loyalty.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Serve as strategic thought leader for entire Harland Clarke (HC) Solutions team through the following activities:
- Gain access to industry research that illuminates critical business needs of Banks and Investment Services. Generate HC Solutions case studies (support from Marketing). (20%)
- Generate business case models and align sales presentations to be used by HC solutions. Accompany Key Account Executives on sales calls, playing the role of "industry expert". (30%)
- Actively package business challenges, HC solutions, financial business cases, presentations, pricing models and promotional material (support from Marketing) and train HC Solutions team members to pitch the solution. (30%)
- Transform industry insight into value propositions that leverage HC capabilities as solutions for our clients. Develop a resource of relevant industry reports highlighting valuable statistics and case studies to be used as proof points. (20%)
- This individual has contact with current clients, prospective clients, external research providers, and various employees within the following processes: Sales and Marketing, Analytics, Creative, and Project Services.
- Requires ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
Requires strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Requires extensive knowledge of bank direct marketing practices.
- Requires extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Requires the ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement of established goals.
- Requires the ability to work within a team environment.
- Requires the ability to travel.
- Requires working knowledge of personal computers and software, including use of the Internet.
Requires a bachelor degree, with a concentration in business administration, marketing, economics, or other relevant field of study. An MBA or equivalent coursework in econometrics and advanced financial accounting is preferred.
Ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of direct marketing or customer segment management experience.
- 10+ years experience at a top-10 bank AND/OR 10+ years experience working as a banking industry analyst for a professional services organization, current employment with a bank or professional services firm, a plus.
- Retail banking experience
- Ideal candidate should have significant product experience (deposits, mortgage, investments) .
- A demonstrated command of industry trends, how those trends impact banks' existing consumer, small business, and commercial business models.
- Skilled communicator and effective presenter.
- Experience using Harland Clarke Marketing Services as a customer is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the U.S.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Checks in the Mail, SubscriberMail) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.