Network Architect (closed)
Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. We concentrate on building loyalty and value for our customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, geographically-diversified company in gaming.
At Caesars Entertainment, over 70,000 employees each make a unique contribution to your experiences, and to our ultimate success. From nurturing a sense of team with co-workers, to improving the quality of life in their communities, Caesars sets the standard of excellence in the gaming industry with employees who are devoted to delivering truly great service. Our employees are critical to our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Ensure Caesars Information Technology systems and networks are properly designed, equipped and configured to yield maximum performance.
- Participate with development in designing technology solutions to meet Information Technology standards, providing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Directly responsible for recognizing and identifying potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Directly responsible for implementing and enforcing corporate security policies.
- Analyzes and evaluates complex Information Technology technical strategies and systems for compatibility with existing systems, and compliance to Caesasrs and known industry standards, and consistency with Caesars long term business needs, strategies and policies.
- Stay abreast of new technologies through internal and external media and courses, quickly learning and applying these technologies as needed to solve Caesars business problems.
- Work closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities, including the coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the various system environments.
- Plan, design, develop, implement and maintain system engineering processes, methods and tools.
- Directly responsible for recommending new system purchases and configurations with hardware and software vendors.
- Work to assure the lowest total cost of ownership and greatest value for Caesars while providing the requestedfunctionality to meet user and system requirements.
- Directly responsible for in-depth analysis and problem solving of complex issues outside of daily system and network administration.
- Directly responsible for establishing guidelines for the development of network standards, network design standards, and benchmark criteria.
- Directly responsible for monitoring vendors' products, performance, viability and pricing strategies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
10 + years related business experience.
Candidates will have at least ten years of experience as a Network Architect in large-scale corporate environment with experience leveraging multiple best of breed network switch vendors. They will have a demonstrated, superior track record analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing high performing network-based technologies. They will have current knowledge and experience of the Network architecture including but not limited to firewalls, load balancers, compression devices, video, and Voice over IP solutions.
Additionally, candidates will be experienced in documentation of network components, monitoring tools, and have experience analyzing network traces. They must have experience in troubleshooting complex design issues and have an ability to work with third party vendors to quickly resolve outstanding problems.
They will be dynamic self-starters with a thirst for new knowledge and the opportunity to apply it, readily able to adapt to change, able to communicate to diverse audiences, ready to gracefully lead, influence, and be influenced by their peers.
Strong architectural, planning and engineering skills are required. Must be capable of using an architecture driven process to go from concept to finished product. Strong individual engineering skills are also a must.
For such individuals, Caesars Entertainment will offer an invigorating work experience with ample challenges and rewards.
Technical Skills and Requirements for Network Engineer
1.Certifications: CCIE, JNCIE Preferred
2.Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or similar.
3.Systems: Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, A10, NetScaler, Riverbed, Aruba, UNIX, Linux, Microsoft
4.Networking: Switches, Routers, Load Balancers, WAN Accelerators, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, VoIP, QoS, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, VC, Nexus, SmartBits, NetMRI, NetScout, NetMRI
Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science, Database Administration, MIS or Electrical Engineering required.