Technical Sales Consultant (closed)
MICROS-Retail, a division of MICROS Systems Inc. is a global leader in developing software solutions for the retail sector. MICROS-Retail has built world-class eCommerce, Mobile, POS, CRM and Analytics products and has aggressive plans to continue to create cutting edge solutions to help grow its global market share in the Retail and Consumer industries. We have served markets in 30 countries and continue to expand our presence across regions and software categories. MICROS- Retail is currently looking for highly talented and ambitious software engineers with a passion for creating exceptional software solutions that will have global recognition in the market place.
- Serve as individual contributor as well as team member regarding all pre sales activity.
- Develop and deliver high quality, customized MICROS-Retail presentations and demonstrations to meet specific customer needs.
- Demonstrate in-depth proficiency in many core MICROS-Retail products and platforms.
- Become the recognized expert in areas of focus and responsibility.
- Manage customer visits, presentations, RFP/RFIs as directed by management.
- Must have the ability to orchestrate a technical and complex sales cycle which requires involvement of multiple resources.
- Communicates information proactively with other Solution Consultants across the company.
- Support a team environment that encourages both individual and team accomplishments.
- Prepare demos for sales presentations that are tailored to customers’ unique requirements.
- Due to the nature of this position, employee maybe subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by MICROS customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Windows 2000 networking classes or certification.
- Knowledge of Industry Standard PC Platforms.
- MCSE Certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Must demonstrate strong sales and marketing skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and ability to lead a team.
- Extensive travel is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
Fry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal as in we all have a chance to be brilliant and we all have a chance to rinse out our own coffee mugs. We prefer working with folks who will do both on a regular basis. Opportunity as in you can make your voice heard. You can learn. You can teach. And the most amazing things happen when you do all three. Most companies put the equal opportunity blurb in fine print at the bottom of an ad because of the law. We boldly state it at the top because we wouldn't be who we are without a belief in the infinite potential of our employees. In addition to providing opportunity, we provide some pretty tangible compensation for your brains and brawn; Competitive salaries, great benefits including medical/dental/vision and 401(k), not to mention the casual yet dynamic work environment, flexible work schedules, high-profile projects, cutting-edge technologies, and a chance to work with people who are just as smart and passionate as you are.
Fry, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MICROS Systems, Inc. and part of the MICROS-Retail group, helps retailers and consumer goods manufacturers optimize their direct-channel businesses by identifying market opportunities and providing multi-channel solutions. From strategy and marketing through design, development, managed services and hosting, Fry provides both the strategic expertise and technical solutions that yield real business results for clients such as Cabela’s, Crate and Barrel, Eddie Bauer, Godiva Chocolatier, Meijer, The Swiss Colony, Vera Bradley and Whirlpool. One of the industry's leading eCommerce solutions, Open Commerce Platform™, was developed by Fry. With offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago, New York and San Francisco, Fry has designed and developed eCommerce applications since 1994. For more information, visit us at www.fry.com, follow us on Twitter @microsretail and @fryinc, and read our blog at blog.fry.com.
- US Citizen and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
- 3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.