Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineer III will be responsible for maintaining the infrastructure – servers, network, security, and operating systems – utilized by the application at the enterprise hosting facilities in Atlanta and overseas. The Infrastructure Engineer III leads our direction for future Datacenter technologies. This includes creating next generation designs, networking and SLB equipment evaluation and selection, and extensive lab testing. This position is a good balance of hands on lab evaluation and support along with freedom to lead designs and the direction of the datacenter. There are always opportunities for technical growth in datacenter Layer 2/Layer 3 networking, application level skills through server load balance design, and interaction with the backbone network to interconnect the datacenters via provider MPLS and other connectivity.
Self-motivated and able to take on large and complex projects. Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects including time-lines, costs, resources and vendor relationships. Must be able to work as a lead engineer in a team atmosphere.
Ability to architect, plan, design, implement and maintain carrier class, service provider networks. Core focus will be on the IP packet based infrastructure development lab and design for production data centers and the server infrastructure associated with these operations. Technician must have strong documentation and ability to influence operations team on process for implementing the design. They must be able to design highly available, resilient, and scalable systems and networks.
The engineer will work with other members of the Hosting Services team to ensure overall all application stability. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong HP hardware and troubleshooting skills. A strong ability to work and communicate well with others and the ability to listen to others input and understand the design mentalities they bring to the table.
• Prefer a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
Skills / Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• More than 5 years in a network/server administration and/or engineering capacity
• Training required: Microsoft, TCP/IP, Networking technologies, security compliance, Linux and Unix infrastructure.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows 2008 AD / 2003 AD, VMWare, Citrix software, federated trust technologies and Kerberos/LDAP authentication protocols
• Demonstrated strong technical aptitude of HP Server management API and Cisco hardware monitoring.
• MCSE or equivalent experience is required
• Demonstrated proficiency of configuration of Cisco routers and switches, ASA VPN concentrators, F5 Load Balancers
• Experience with various FW & IDS systems
• Demonstrated experience with MRTG / network monitoring tools
Type of Equipment Used
• PCs with varying software development and deployment packages
• Servers, load balancers, routers, VPN concentrators, switches and various tech gear
• Everyday usage of computer, telephone, copier, facsimile, etc.