Bilingual Controller (closed)
The London Group is a boutique firm specializing in the placement of Accounting & Finance, Sales & Marketing and Human Resources professionals on a permanent, project and interim basis. Our goal is to develop long term relationships based on trust, integrity and accountability.
Our client is a government relations organization looking to hire a Bilingual Controller in Ottawa.
- Responsible for the integrity, analysis and presentation of all financial results. Ensures that financial reports are complete, accurate, respects all contractual agreements and are prepared on a timely basis
- Responsible for coordinating, planning and developing the organization's annual budget and projection. Ensures that budgets are supported by proper information, are analyzed and any major variance explained to management.
- Responsible for writing financial reports in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner.
- Responsible for the cash flow management. Ensures that a good collection system is followed and that payments are done on a timely basis.
- Develops, implements and maintains effective financial policies, procedures and tools
- Implements and maintains appropriate internal control environment.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payment of salaries to staff, including accurate deductions, remittances and reconciliations.
- Provides financial guidance, and is actively involved in the continuous improvement of all related business processes.
- Participates in recurring or ad-hoc projects requiring financial expertise.
- Oversees external audit process financial review every five years.
- Reviews consultant and project agreements to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides financial and budgeting analysis, advice and support to the clients management and staff on matters including: budgeting and planning; financial status reporting; monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting; risk management; and the resolution of any other financial issues related to the effective delivery and management of the clients projects.
- Leads and manages a team of 13 including the direct supervision of 3 managers.
- Oversees personnel management in the department including hiring, terminations, employee
- Performance appraisals, identifying training needs and developing staff.
- Is a source of leadership and of inspiration.
- Continually coaches, teaches and develops team members.
- Continues to foster an open and trusting work environment.
- University degree and a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) required with preference given to those applicants with a CA designation.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience with supervisory functions related to finance and accounting, a minimum of three (3) of which should be at the Controller level.
- Previous experience with private lending / banking / Fund Management is considered an asset.
- Must be highly organized and possess strong analytical abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills along with the ability to positively motivate, mentor, build and maintain good teams with a collaborative attitude.
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Proactive, independent thinking, self-starter, demonstrating strong critical thinking skills.
- A focus on continuous improvement and the ability to identify and recommend efficient solutions to current processes is an integral part of the position.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is required.
Please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com
*Note if this role is not a fit for you, we do welcome proactive resume submissions. Visit www.londongroup.ca for a full listing of our opportunities.