Java Developer Graduate
GRADUATE JAVA DEVELOPER for DUBLIN
This is an entry level position and it is most suitable for recent graduates who have an outstanding academic record and who are interested in becoming a functional java developer in a client focused business.
The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting the ‘Limit Controller’ risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the existing application.
- Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
- Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
- Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
- Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to the company (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
- 1.1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering/ Physics
- Knowledge of Java programming is a prerequisite
- Fluent written and oral English is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ability to work on both short-term and to ensure client demands are fully met
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
- Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.
The selection process which will take place in Dublin involves a written technical test, a HR interview and a Business interview.
This is a graduate entry level position, and as such we are specifically interested in your academic background. Please ensure your CV states Leaving Certificate subjects, level, grades achieved and CAO points (or equivalent). Please also ensure you state your degree result eg 1.1, 2.1 (or equivalent).
For further details please contact Marie Carroll directly at email@example.com, you will receive a response within 2 working days.