Linux Systems Engineer (closed)
Linux Engineer/Systems Engineer
4+ years Linux administration experience is required
BS degree in engineering, computer science, or a technical field is preferred
Experience in a trading firm
Must be advanced in scripting and Linux
Must be able to write a simple program
Expert in Linux including most of the following:
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or a derivative such as Centos (required!)
- Scripting with python and/or perl and/or shell (required!)
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with other distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, and other variants of Unix such as Solaris, FreeBSD, etc.
- Package management and automated system installation and patch management
- Filesystem management including partitioning, LVM, hardware and software RAID
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP networking including Ethernet, IP, ARP, IP, TCP, UPD, etc
- Network administration including configuring IP unicast and multicast operation, dhcp, dns, and network servers such as FTP, NFS, Samba and Apache
- Configuring and monitoring system security including user/group administration, authentication, auditing, packet filtering, etc.
- Experience tracing network activity using tools such as tcpdump, snoop, wireshark, sniffer, etc
- Compiling applications and kernels to optimize system performance
- Performance monitoring and optimization including latency measurement and reduction
- System monitoring with SNMP and tools such as Cactus, Nagios, etc.
- Time synchronization with NTP, PTP, PPS or IRIG
- Automating installations with kickstart or related products
- System automation with Puppet, cfengine, or related products
- Virtualization with KVM, Xen or a related product
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL etc.