Recruitment Advisor - Technologies
At Randstad Technologies, Canada’s most recognized and respected leader in comprehensive recruitment services, our people make all the difference because success breeds success. And for the past 35 years, we’ve continued to build upon our success by combining a wealth of industry experience, a tireless work ethic and a passion for service excellence. It’s just who we are. Mentors. Teachers. Friends. And the best minds in the business.
“Recruitment Advisor – Technologies”
We seek an experienced full cycle recruiter to join our Halifax Branch, as a Specialty Recruiter for our Technologies Team. In this role, you will use your creativity and tenacity to identify and source candidates for existing and even client requirements with a specialization in a particular discipline and geography of technologies. Inclusive of developing a strong base of Technologies candidates, conducting detailed reference checks and presenting offers and negotiating contract renewals, you will have a track record of demonstrated recruiting success. Technologies experience is considered an asset but not required.
This is a unique role for a self starter, independent hunter who’s thrust for success will drive them to new heights while leveraging your business acumen and the vast resources available to you via Randstad Technologies. Some of these resources include clients with an established relationship with Randstad Technologies, a candidate pool to draw from, a state of the art candidate/client tracking system and an existing Team who will be there to support you in other roles your client requires that fall outside of your specialization. As a Specialist, you will own the client relationship, working closely with the Client and Candidates primarily at a senior level with an ultimate goal of developing your relationship into an Advisor Level down the road.
Identify and source candidates for existing or future client requirements
• Develop a strong base of candidates by building a network of contacts
• Manage candidate pool and maintain relationships on an ongoing basis
• Provide guidance and assistance to candidates regarding their career development and needs
Match candidates to appropriate opportunities
• Interview all candidates and obtain a thorough and detailed understanding of their career aspirations and needs in order to fully appreciate the type of contract or permanent placement that they would be receptive to
• Conduct detailed written reference checks for all candidates
• Present suitable interviewed, referenced and screened candidates to clients or Account Managers in a timely fashion for client opportunities
Manage and close the sales cycle
• Communicate with both Clients (as well as Account Managers as required) and candidates to ensure appropriate expectations are set
• Prepares candidates for their meetings with clients
• Debrief and pre-close candidates after client meetings
• Understand, explain and negotiate contracts for both niche roles as well as core business
• Close candidates, present offers and sign paperwork with candidates after offers come in; prepare appropriate portions of contract start files
• Negotiate contract renewals
• Maintain monthly phone contact with all placed contract candidates and in-person contact at least once per year to increase retention, identify other opportunities (leads for reqs and candidate referrals), further build the relationship and provide customer service
• Follow up with all perm placements the day before they start, the day they start, one month after they start and 3 months after they start
Support Account Managers
• Act as a specialist/consultant and qualify requirements in your niche when introduced by an AM into their account
In addition to the qualifications noted above, this opportunity is best suited to an independent-minded and entrepreneurial person with excellent problem-solving skills - someone who can work on their own while interacting with a network of resources locally, with different branches and in other time zones.
Why join Randstad Canada?
As Canada’s leader in recruitment services, Randstad has established itself as the #1 provider of contract consultants across Canada and the #1 recruiter of professionals for full time positions. One of Canada's Best Small-Medium Employers in Canada and Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, we offer you the best tools in the business, unlimited income potential and an exceptional corporate culture. If you are ready to explore your next challenge, apply today!
Passionate? Talented? Committed? Then you’ll fit right in. We offer the opportunity for financial rewards in an environment built on trust, respect, flexibility and autonomy. You’ll be supported by a team of passionate, talented and committed individuals just like yourself, as well as the best tools in the business, like remote network access and our own cutting-edge client database and applicant tracking system. You’ll also enjoy opportunities for growth, professional recognition and rewards.