Westchester,NY-Finance//Leasing/Financing: Collections Officer (closed)
Our client, a leasing/financing company seeks a Contracts Officer. The details of the job is as follows.
Company location: Purchase, NY
Subsidiary of a well-established, one of the oldest and most successful leasing companies in Japan.
US office was established in 1985 and since then steadily grew their business and has been providing leasing services in many different field of equipment leasing (IT, Medical, Transportation, etc.) as well as direct markets and portfolio transactions.
The size of the company: 20+ employees in NY office and some sales reps working from home office
- Vendor Program: Has been developing in recent years vendor programs where the vendor can benefit from an additional funding sources and the company can also benefit from additional volume of business. It is increasing becoming a very important business for the company with stable and successful results.
- Japanese clients: Using their large customer base in Japan, they promote their services to their subsidiaries and group companies in US both as end users and vendors.
Your Role with the Company:
As an Operations Officer, you will be responsible for processing new transactions, including completing applications, pricing deals, creating documents, coordinating funding, booking transactions and communicating with dealers and customers.
Processing New Transactions:
by analyzing account information, including credit, and financial status; by entering credit applications, by ensuring that agreements and other documentation are complete and accurate according to Company policies and the type of financing and lessee; by reviewing transactions for accuracy prior to funding, booking transactions to the general ledger; by following up with dealers and clients when necessary; by filing documentation or forwarding to the appropriate persons; and by performing other functions related to the lease/loan process as necessary.
Communicates With Customers and Dealers:
by communicating with customers and dealers; by answering questions regarding transactions or directing to the appropriate persons; by corresponding with dealers or applicants to resolve questions; and by creating any other correspondence as necessary.
Performs General Administrative Duties:
by writing and distributing reports and other correspondence; by distributing mail and faxes when necessary; by accurately filing and maintaining documents; by making copies; and by performing other administrative duties as needed.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting or related field, or equivalent from four-year college or university; and two to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience/training
- Hands-on experience in operation administrative duties at a financing firm a must
- Experience and knowledge of sales tax and other tax-related processing duties at a financing firm a plus.
- Strong mathematical ability
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and ability to design custom reports as necessary.
- Can commute by car
*Starting salary range: up to 50K(DOE) Non-exempt position and eligible for bonus. Average bonus paid in the past is 3-5% of the annual salary but bonus is not guaranteed.
To apply for this position, please email your resume in WORD FORMAT as an attachment. When you apply, make sure you’ll include the answers to the below three questions in the body of email.
- Current（or Last, if you are not currently employe3）salary（the base amount and last years bonus amount respectively）
- Reason for change（or reason for leaving the last employment if you are currently unemployed）
- Desired salary for this position
Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!