Offshore Installation Engineer (closed)
The offshore department consists of Technical Service Personnel and Degreed Installation Engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Petroleum, etc) that are hands-on, product-application oriented individuals that function in an onshore and/or offshore work environment. FMC Aftermarket Technical Services’ focus is to provide our customers with detailed engineering, planning and of onsite execution of services for installation, intervention, refurbishment and maintenance of FMC subsea and topsides equipment. Our goal is to provide technical support and services of FMC products in safe and timely manner that adhere to quality and reliability requirements that enable our customer success.
An Installation Engineer is a critical component to ensuring proper planning and execution of post manufacturing services to our customers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: field installation support, technical documentation, product design review and validation, technical planning, customer interface, project execution, product and system troubleshooting, performance testing, product maintenance, repair and refurbishment.
• BS degree in Engineering required; For Topside Controls: BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Generally 2+ years of experience in the field
• Full understanding of theory specific to area of specialty and/or single/multiple product, including code and criteria requirements.
• Gaining an understanding of components of department or project priorities related to the work being performed. Beginning to understand customer requirements.
• Ability to provide product design in a single area, producing drawings and related documentation as directed. Evaluates effectiveness, safety, and economic impact of designs and develop recommendations to optimize results if required. Exhibits working knowledge of interfaces within single product line.
• Strong computer proficiency with applicable software applications in related field.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail important.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
• Recognize the impact of variances to scope, cost and schedule.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
• Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed.
• Able to present data and facts in a clear and concise manner.
• Effective understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is important.
• Possess good PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Embodies a customer-oriented attitude and the ability to work independently without close supervision
• Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC)
Regional Operating Procedures, STOP/START Safety Program, Clarity Net, SAP orientation, FMC Product Knowledge Training and Advance Engineering Development Training (AEDT) Courses, Hands-On Shop Training, Engineering Induction Training Program, self study and on-the-job training to stay abreast of technology advancements related to subsea production systems.
Additionally, for those working in offshore environment, Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET), and Safe Gulf are also required as a minimum.
Customer specific training based on project requirements
Indicate positions that report directly to this position. Number of direct / indirect reports.
• No direct or indirect reports but might be called upon to provide mentorship to less experienced personnel
Indicate internal/external contacts and purpose of contacts.
• Demonstrate cooperation and interaction across stakeholders with similar goals, typically internal, often managing familiar and less challenging customers.
• Frequent contact and interface with operation managers, product group engineering departments, onshore assembly and maintenance technicians, technical service professionals, vendors , contractors and regional engineering teams.
• Frequent interface with internal and external project stakeholders identifying/clarifying technical scope and problem solving.
• Promotes strong customer relationships.
• Ability to build effective relationships with peers and co-workers and customers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
No budgetary responsibilities at this level.
Explain the degree of supervision/guidance, procedures/ processes used judgment, creativity, planning & resourcefulness needed to do the job.
• Ability to recognize customer and code requirements and variances from standards and procedures to ensure compliance. Recognize when to consult other departmental functions.
• Contributes to bid and proposal process.
• Performs functions as a process operator and identifies deviations as they occur.
• Ability to independently establish work tasks in order to successfully meet expectations.
• Responsible for safe, high quality, high quantity and on-time-delivery of assigned project deliverables assigned by project leaders, direct or indirect managers.
• Assist in gathering training material for potential Aftermarket training courses.
• Potential for occasional offsite and international travel.
• Capture and entry of lessons learned
• Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
• Provide status reports on assigned project that include project status, milestones achieved, OTD and critical project issues.
• Exhibits working knowledge of shop/lab assembly or field installation or testing.
• Attend internal meetings and serve as Aftermarket representative for technical subjects.
• Develop solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data. Anticipates potential problem and identifies required preventive actions.
• Assist onshore/offshore personnel including operations coordinators, workshop manager and quality department on technical requests.
• Provide technical support for onshore/offshore activities.
• Periodically assigned as “on-call engineer” to support technical issues that may arise in the workshop.
• Research and provide technical disposition relating to non-conformances.
• Reviews engineering designs and documents, including: equipment technical evaluations, system integration test procedures, installation/commissioning procedures, refurbishment and preservation storage and maintenance procedures.
• Generate/Create rig books and all associated Aftermarket engineering documents
• Provide interface resolution between FMC and non-FMC equipment.
• Generate/Create all system level layout drawings between FMC and third party equipment
• Create/review assembly and testing instructions for system level assemblies
• Create and maintain the equipment list and document registry for projects.
• Hosting readiness reviews for on or off-site execution of work (ORR)
• Hosting after action reviews for on or off-site execution of work (AAR)
• Responsible to ensure functional locations are created for assigned projects.
• Create design basis document and/or specifications for new product or tooling as needed.
• Support introduction of new products into Aftermarket.
• Assist in development of specialty equipment needed to support customer operations related to Aftermarket engineering
• Provide engineering deliverables to meet stage gate deliverables for EPC and Non-EPC projects
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Spend 50-70% time in an office environment and/or 30-50% in shop or field environment supporting product installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and/or interventions. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Hands-on labor in shop and/or field environment, which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position. For each duty, identify if it is an
E - essential function or N - nonessential function of the job.
E Proactively participate in HSE initiatives, START, JSAs and risk assessments.
E Responsible for using sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivering high quality work on-time.
E Prepare and present technical data to internal customers
E Familiar with and can utilize industry code requirements, quality requirements, and customer requirements.
E Using the CAD and data base systems and facilities to generate layouts, analyze designs, and evaluate equipment systems.
E Understands and interprets system, field and detailed schematics.
E Prepares and reviews technical documentation related to engineering changes; ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Informat
ion) and engineering specification/requirements and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering deliverables.
E Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, and field related applications
E Provide on/offshore technical support for assembly/refurbishment and offshore operations. Identify root cause of problems and document appropriately. Develop and communicate alternative solutions and associated benefits and risks.
E Reviews technical instructions regarding refurbishment, installations, maintenance and/or repair of equipment following quality requirements.
E Proper and timely entry of engineering hours in SAP.
E Understanding of subsea environment with respect to materials, cathodic protection, corrosion (pitting, HISC, galvanic etc.), calcareous deposits, marine growth.
E Understands of different coating and surface treatment applications (Xylan, paint, electroless nickel, phosphating, nitriding, carburising etc.).
E Is knowledgeable
of safety aspects related to real-life environment of using/installing FMC equipment, at onsite and offsite locations.
E Attends FMECA, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), and Hazard and Identification Study (HAZID).
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC Technologies, Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.