Junior Planner (closed)
Junior Planner 50-55k
This position will assist with the administration of the Operations planning process. He/she will work with an internal team to create efficient manufacturing schedules and provide raw material requirements to purchasing.
- Material Management
- Have a firm understanding of standard material usage
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Create routings based on material usage and labor utilization.
- Multi location inventory management
- Direct communication with purchasing, manufacturing, warehouse and logistics.
- Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Production and labor work flow balancing and scheduling
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
- Distribute production schedules and work orders to departments.
- College degree in an appropriate Business/Technical area
- 3+ years of experience in similar role a plus
- MRP and system experience
- Communication skills a must
- Be highly analytical driven & computer literate
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment