Sales Engineer-FinancialApps (3469) (closed)
Leading provider of FINANCIAL SOFTWARE solutions looking for ILLINOIS SALES ENGINEERS with backgrounds in ERP, FINANCIAL, or TAX MANAGEMENT software applications.
- Established in 1934
- Publicly Traded Company
- $13.1B in Annual Revs (2010)
- 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries
In this position, the Systems Engineer is to provide prospective customers with technical expertise, build quality relationships with both IT and the Business, conduct thorough needs analysis for targeted demonstrations, uncover potential objections, and assist in defining the competitive landscape. This will include activities such as needs analysis calls (discovery calls), filling out RFPs, product presentations, integration demonstrations, technical deep dives, follow-up calls, one-off demonstrations with the intent to educate, and work with Professional Services to create the "complete solution" during the pre-sales process. S/He will be able to solve complex problems, answer prospects' and team members' detailed product questions, prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations. This individual will operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent action.
- Builds relationships with potential customer's IT Department.
- Performs extensive needs analysis and client contact before product demonstration.
- Performs focused product demonstrations.
- Responds to RFPs with great detail and professionalism.
- Assists sales managers/sales reps in preparation of proposals.
- Answers one-off questions from potential customers.
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
- Provides technical leadership and ensures technical issues are resolved.
- May provide work leadership to more junior technical support staff.
- Travels within assigned territory as required.
- Base salary and OTE to be disclosed after discussion with recruiter.
- Benefits – Full
- Minimum of 5 years of Pre-Sales experience
- ERP, Financial, or Tax Management experience is ideal
- Experience with platforms (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc.) and in financial modules (AR, AP and GL) is a plus
- The ideal candidate has worked for a company that provides a complementary bolt-on product for a major ERP platform
- Implementation experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts and processes to the "common person"
- Knowledge of Order to Cash and Procure to Pay business operations is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel
- Demonstrated ability to present technical concepts in clear manner to customers through demos and proposals
- Excellent and professional writing, editing, and communication skills are required
- Ability to work externally and internally with all levels of the organization
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's degree in business or computer science