Lead Interaction Designer (closed)
eBay Inc. has an online presence in 39 countries, serving 90 million customers worldwide and trading more than $1,900 in goods per second (including 50% of all mobile commerce in the US), eBay is one of the world's largest online marketplaces. And we need you.
We need your eye for design, your passion to create customer-centric user experiences, and your drive to innovate and collaborate with our team to create the next generation of e-commerce.
- Defines, drives future vision and owns the evolution of the user experience for a wide range of complex products.
- Champions and maintains eBay design standards and industry best practices across owned products.
- Collaborates with and influences cross-functional teams to deliver a world-class customer experience.
- Articulates design rationale as a means to balance business goals and user needs, and ensures stakeholder satisfaction with the results delivered by the User Experience Design team.
- Ensures fellow team members consistently meet stakeholder goals and produce world-class deliverables.
- Leads and mentors fellow designers at all levels.
- Ensures that team members understand, leverage, influence and communicate new technologies and techniques that improve the user experience.
- Ability to act independently as well as collaboratively within the context of a larger team.
- Expert understanding of design issues for complex online experiences and products.
- Takes ownership of projects and products.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present work and interface with all levels of management - negotiating and influencing to build consensus.
- Constantly seeks out ways to innovate around inherent limitations and provides guidance for incorporating new and emerging techniques and technologies.
- Portfolio exhibits solid system thinking in regards to the overall user experience, a solid grasp of information architecture and web technologies, and expert implementation of the visual design.
- Working knowledge of current user experience design principles, standards and trends.
- 8+ years professional related work experience.
- Expert level ability in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks. Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, Flash and other web technologies.
How to Apply – Send your resumes (do add your portfolio link) to email@example.com or ping Heena Tripathi via linkedin for any clarifications needed.