Data Center Support Engineer (FIELD POSITION) (closed)
Data Center Support Engineer (FIELD POSITION)
· ** Daily Travel is Required to provide field services support to customer offices across the state of Michigan. Basic Requirements
Location positions :
1 – Grand Rapids, MI
1 – Saginaw, MI
1 - Cadillac, MI*
5 – Jackson, MI
1 - Rose City, MI*
1 – Lansing, MI (Required location)
· Support for all Data Center Hardware Equipment.
· Daily Maintenance and Reporting required.
· Clear, effective two-way communication, both verbal and electronic is required.
· Coordinate with vendors/OEM for spares and replacements
· Strong customer skills are required
· Should be willing to work 24x7 “On Call”
· Must have aptitude and attitude to learn / work on new technologies.
· 2+ Years in a Data Center Support Environment is required.
· Server Hardware Knowledge and Support Required (HP Certification (reimbursable) is required within 90 days of hire).
· Network Device Hardware Knowledge is required (Routers, Switches, MUX, Patch Panels, etc)
· Rack and Stack Server and Network equipment installation is required
· Basic cabling knowledge is required (network cabling, power cables, LAN, ILO, SCSI, etc)
· Knowledge of External Backup Units· Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
· Valid Driver’s License and current insurance is required.· Alert monitoring tool experience required.
· HP Open View Operations –OVO preferred, but Nagios, Net Cool, BMC Patrol, NNM, Site Scope will be considered.
· ITSM tool experience. HP SM7, HP Service Desk preferred. Others accepted (USD, Remedy, Peregrine, etc)
· Knowledge of Batch Job scheduling tools preferred (SAP, Redwood, Tivoli Batch Job Scheduling, etc)
· Backup Tool Knowledge
· Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills are required.
· Customer service and interaction skills are required.
· Hardware Knowledge required to work closely with network engineers, systems administrators and software engineers for technology and hardware upgrades.
· HP and/or CISCO certifications preferred (or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire)
· Storage Device experience required. Will consider those with limited, basic knowledge.
· Wireless Equipment Installation/Troubleshooting/Configuration
· PDU knowledge including installation and server power connection configurations.
· ITIL Foundations Principles Awareness Strongly Desired