Senior IT Consultant (closed)
CareerFit Solutions is a privately owned Canadian professional staffing company specializing in recruiting and placing finance, accounting, engineering and technical professionals for full-time positions.
CareerFit Solutions' mission is to develop and share an exceptional level of recruiting expertise that is tailored to client needs, supportive of local communities and delivered by caring, professional employees. Our core values of People First, Excellence and Integrity ensure that both our clients and candidates are a perfect fit for each other.
Delivers consulting during project activities, ranging from medium- to long-term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and / or design, custom development, installation, implementation, testing, client training, documentation, and solution deployment. Other non-technical responsibilities include project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. As well as identifying additional products / services opportunities in customer organization. May participate in sales and proposal presentations, in addition to completing ongoing project team activities.
Personal Competencies / Capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good work standards and methodologies.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes.
- Understanding the customer.
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Problem-solving skills.
- At least three-years experience in a client-facing IT role.
- Strong academic background - degree, preferably in a computing discipline.
- Must be open to travel - one to two weeks per month on average possible.
- Wide-ranging experience using professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networking with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determining methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Typically requires a minimum of eight years of related experience
- Flex development, ActionScript, Flash.
- Knowledge of XML technologies (such as XSLT, ebXML, XHTML, SOAP).
- Client-Server Concepts.
- Web Services.
- Integration of distributed, multi-technology, high-volume concurrent solutions.
- Exposure to Waterfall & RAD & Agile development methodologies.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then please vist our Careers website to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.
CareerFit Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.