RN Manager (closed)
RN Manager - Surgery Center
The Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates activities of nursing personnel, as well as working with pre/post operative patients. Verifies that patients' needs are met and evaluates nursing care and performance. Must be clinically knowledgeable and will perform the duties of the staff OR R.N. Collaborates with physicians in executing the medical plan of care. Some specific job functions listed below:
· Staffing: Ensures appropriate staffing is provided for all shifts of operation for responsible units. Monitors, evaluates and modifies staffing patterns in order to properly utilize assigned staff to provide patient care in assigned areas; prepares and modifies work schedules as needed to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts; approves paid time off, sick time, and leave of absence requirements for assigned staff.
· Patient Care: Manages and coordinates the activities of Nursing and Support Staff of assigned units to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with the established standards and legal requirements. Ensures that continuity of care is maintained. Provides professional Nursing care to patients when necessary due to work load or staffing shortages.
· Budget: Provides input to operational budget development. Manages budget for areas of responsibility.
· Process Improvement: Continuously reviews processes for operational improvement and efficiencies.
· Management: Oversees the planning and delivery of patient care by Nursing Staff during the daily operation of the surgery center according to identified patient needs; conducts staff meetings to ensure continuity of planning and implementation of effective patient care.
· Clinical: Assist as a working RN in OR and Pre/Post Op patients areas.